Great audio engages and retains viewers better. But removing those annoying background sounds can get complicated requiring you to have a ton of tools just to wrap up a single video.
Whether you're a podcaster or a YouTuber, today we're showing you how you can get perfectly clear audio in a single click using VEED'S online video editor in 5 simple steps.
Quick 5-Step Summary
- Upload your video to VEED
- Click on Settings
- Select the video clip you want to clean up from the timeline
- Under Audio, click on Clean Audio
- Hit Export.
How to remove background sound from video online with VEED
1. Go to VEED and upload your video
Head over to VEED and click on Login. If you don’t already have an account, then click on the Sign Up button to create a free or paid account.
Once you log in to VEED, you’ll be taken to your workspace where you can start cleaning audio from your video. First, click on Create Project and upload the video you want to reduce background noise from.
There are different ways you can upload a video to VEED:
- Click on Go Live to live stream and then edit your video with VEED.
You can select different layouts for your stream, add assets like backgrounds, mockup devices, or stickers, insert text on your stream, and even upload specific images or videos from your device.
- Click Record Video to use our screen recorder to record and then our editor to edit.
You can play around different layouts depending on how you want to display your video. You can record only your camera, or your screen and camera, or even slides and camera.
- Upload a pre-recorded video from your device or from cloud
Simply click on browse to upload a pre-recorded video from your device, or drag and drop a file in the dedicated section. You can even add a YouTube video URL or upload a video from Dropbox.
2. Click on your video clip you want to clean up in the timeline to open the settings panel
After your video is uploaded in VEED, you’ll see it in the editing dashboard. Now, click on the video clip you want to clean up audio from in the timeline at the bottom of the screen. This will open a range of editing options on the left hand side of the screen.
3. Click on clean audio
Under the Audio section, toggle the Clean Audio to the right.
Depending on the length of your video, VEED will start cleaning audio. Shorter videos are faster and longer videos will take a bit longer to clean up. If you want to switch back to your original video, simply toggle the clean version off.
4. (Optional) Edit the rest of your video
To further improve your video’s look and feel so it keeps your viewers hooked and helps them retain information, customize other aspects of your video.
Good thing is VEED is not just a background sound remover. It’s a comprehensive video editor that lets you create, edit, and share videos from a single dashboard. Besides the usual features such as text, audio, effects, transitions, themes, it also offers a range of video editing features—split/trim, ratio/crop, speed control, subtitles, waveforms, media library, voice-over, and picture-in-picture.
Let’s take a quick look at some of the things possible with VEED that can make your video production and editing process as smooth and efficient as possible:
What’s inside VEED?
- Live Stream: Go live and on multiple platforms with VEED Live and then edit your stream into clips for other channels inside our editor.
- Screen and Webcam Recorder: Record your screen (and yourself) with our recorder and edit after if you want.
- Video Template Library: Access to a collection of templates for all major platforms.
- Video Editor: Add subtitles, resize for major platforms, add music, translate, and more!
- Collaboration Tools: Invite your team to your workspace or get edits from clients with the comments feature.
- Video Sharing: Embed, send, or share your video directly to social platforms.
5. Export and download
Once you’re happy with your video, click on Export and choose the option that fits you best.
- Customize the resolution settings to choose how high or low-resolution you want for your video, or simply choose any of our presets. The default preset is set to HD, but you can export your video in 4K or even select a platform-specific resolution like YouTube 1440p or Hootsuite Twitter.
- Click the export button and then on the download screen you can download your video as MP4, MP3, or convert it into a GIF. Alternatively, you can also share your edited video via email, link, or a social post.
Clean up audio from video quickly with VEED
Having crisp audio persuades viewers that you’re a professional video creator and helps deliver your message with better context. Instead of re-filming the entire scene where you had some white noise, or buying an expensive editing software, consider using an online video noise reduction tool like VEED that removes unwanted background noise from your video files easily.
VEED’s all-in-one solution puts the power of a professional video editor at your fingertips. It helps you create videos just like your favorite YouTubers or professional podcasters—minus the complicated video equipment or days of editing on end.