Anxious about losing your favorite TikTok videos, but can’t download them from the app?
That’s alright! You can screen record a TikTok instead.
Learning how to screen record a video on TikTok is easy, irrespective of what device you’re using.
Stick with us and we’ll show you how to save, share, and relive your most-loved content. It’s way easier than it sounds. We’ve also included a bonus section on how you can record and create your own engaging TikToks!
Jump to a specific section:
- How to Record a TikTok on Desktop (with VEED)
- How to Record a TikTok on iPhone (with the iOS Recorder)
- How to Record a TikTok on Android (with AZ Screen Recorder)
- How to Record and Make an Engaging TikTok (with Tips)
[#TOC1]How to Record a TikTok on Desktop (with VEED)[#TOC1]
If you wish to record TikTok videos on your desktop device (whether you have a PC or Mac), you can never go wrong with VEED.IO.
VEED is an online video editor that also comes with a built-in screen recorder. It comes equipped with cutting-edge AI tools and a user-friendly interface to enhance your recordings without complicating the process. You can use it on your desktop to easily record, save, and edit your TikTok videos.
To screen record a TikTok with VEED, follow these steps:
1. Open a browser of your choice. On one tab, head over to TikTok.com
2. Sign into your account if you haven’t already, and head over to the video you wish to screen record.
3. On another tab, go to VEED.IO, and signup and/or login, if you haven’t already.
4. On your VEED workspace, click on Record Video.
5. You’ll be redirected to VEED’s screen recording page. Here, you can choose from 6 options of video screen layouts or opt for Audio Only. Since your goal is to record a TikTok, select Screen.
6. In the window that pops up, click on Chrome Tab and select the tab where you opened the TikTok video earlier. Once done, click on Share.
7. Once everything is all set, click on the Record button at the top right corner of the screen to start recording the screen.
8. When you are happy with your recording, click the Stop icon in the upper right-hand corner. You can also click on Pause or Restart to manage the recording.
9. At this point, you have two options:
- You can either click on Done in the top-right corner, and then download or share your recording
- You can edit your recording with VEED’s online editor before saving the recording to your desktop by clicking on Edit. If you’d like to edit, continue with the tutorial.
10. (Optional) Now you can use VEED’s AI-powered tools to add subtitles, trim the video to your liking, add text, elements, and even add music from the stock library.
11. Once you’re done editing the screen recording, click Done.
Choose your preferred export quality from the dropdown menu and click on Export.
12. Click on the Download icon to save the video to your device.
[#TOC2]How to Record a TikTok on iPhone (with the iOS Recorder)[#TOC2]
If you wish to screen record a TikTok on an iPhone (or any mobile iOS device, like the iPad), you can simply use the built-in iOS screen recorder. It’s simple, user-friendly, and filled with functionalities you can learn to play around with.
To screen record a TikTok with the iOS screen recorder, follow these steps:
1. Go to Settings and tap Control Center.
2. Scroll down to Screen Recording and tap the + button.
3. Open the TikTok app on your iOS device and go to the video you want to record.
4. Swipe down to open your Control Center and tap the gray Record button.
5. You’ll see a three-second countdown before your screen recording begins. At this time, you can swipe up to exit the control center to record your screen.
6. Open TikTok and go to the video you want to record and it will get recorded
7. Next, open the Control Center again and tap the red Record button. Alternatively, you can also tap the red status bar at the top of the screen and tap the Stop icon.
You can now access this screen recording in your Photos app, along with in-built editing tools for you to get creative. Feel free to explore all the features and capabilities that the iOS recorder offers as you get more comfortable with it.
Read More: How to screen record on Mac
[#TOC3]How to Record a TikTok on Android (with AZ Screen Recorder)[#TOC3]
There are quite a few apps that you can use to record TikTok videos (and other apps) on your Android device. We recommend AZ Screen Recorder for its overall dependability and simplicity.
To screen record TikTok videos with AZ Screen Recorder, follow these steps:
1. Go to the Google Play Store on your Android device to download and install the AZ Screen Recorder mobile app.
2. Open the TikTok mobile app on your Android device and go to the video you wish to screen record.
3. Now launch the AZ Screen Recorder app, click Recording, and then click Start Now.
4. You’ll see a three-second countdown before your screen recording begins. At this time, you can go back to the TikTok video to record your screen.
5. Once you have recorded the TikTok, pull down the window on top of the screen and click Pause or Stop recording.
You can now access this screen recording from your gallery, from where you can edit, trim, and share the video easily.
Read More: Here’s an easy, step-by-step guide if you want to learn how to screen record on Windows.
[#TOC4]How to Record and Make Your Own TikTok[#TOC4]
Recording your own original TikTok from scratch can feel intimidating at first, but the process is a lot simpler than you think. There are a ton of tools, features, and shortcuts for you to explore, but your first video can be as simple and straightforward as you want.
To get started with making your first TikTok video, follow these steps:
1. Open TikTok and log into your TikTok account or create a new one if you haven’t already.
2. Tap the + icon at the bottom of the screen.
3. At this point, you have two options. You can either upload a pre-recorded video from your camera roll or shoot a new video on the spot by tapping Record.
4. Tap the Adjust Clips icon from the menu on the right side of the screen. Now you can trim the length of each video clip to stitch together your TikTok. You can choose your TikTok’s duration to be anywhere between 15 seconds to 10 minutes of content.
5. To add a music track, click Add Sound and choose the song you wish to play in the background. You can choose from TikTok’s recommendations list of trending songs, or find the song of your choice by using the search bar. Once you find your song, click on Use.
6. Click on Volume to adjust the volume of your song and click on Save when done. If you want to remove the sound from your original video, click on Volume, reduce it using the progress bar and click on Save.
7. You can add text, stickers, and effects to your video by tapping the buttons on the right-hand menu. You can also generate your own logo and add it at the end of your video.
8. Before you share it, you can customize the settings for your TikTok like Allow Duet and Allow Stitch. Clicking Allow Duet will let other users use your video as inspiration to create a new split-screen TikTok, and Allow Stitch lets users incorporate clips from your video into their own.
9. You can then add a caption, relevant hashtags and tag other people to improve your video’s reach on the platform.
10. Tap Select Cover to decide how the video will appear in your feed, and then tap Post to make it go live on TikTok.
It’s as easy as this! Once your video is live, you can start to see views, likes, comments, and shares on it by clicking the video on your profile. Here’s a quick guide on how to check TikTok analytics, so you can maximize your visibility and grow in popularity.
Wrapping it Up
Now that you know how to screen record your favorite TikToks, you can save them for future reference and start creating some jaw-dropping content yourself.
While some devices come equipped with the basic screen recording feature, you can take it to the next level with a solution that has high-quality tools built into it for you to use with ease. Here’s a quick list of the 7 best free screen recorders if you’re curious to learn more.
TikTok offers its creators a whole suite of features and tools to help make the process of building your profile as easy as possible. With recent updates, you can use templates, include screenshots, add a voiceover to your TikTok videos, and even schedule them for a later time using the app.
As it goes with social media, the only limit is your imagination!