Testing a million different screen recorders can be exhausting. We tested the top 5 best Loom alternatives so you don't have to wonder which tool will make your video creation process simpler.
Here's a quick overview.
Keep reading for a more in-depth comparison of each tool.
Best for teams and creators who also need an all-in-one video tool
- Record your screen, webcam, audio, and add slides
- You can record your entire screen, a window, or a browser tab
- Edit your videos after recording
- Add annotations, text, subtitles, drawings, and more.
- Go live and record your stream
VEED’s screen recorder is straightforward plus you get a complete suite of video editing tools. Choose a theme or a background for your slides to capture your viewers’ attention. Edit your video once you’re done. You can even add subtitles to make it more accessible—making it stand out as an excellent Loom alternative!
Loom VS VEED
Pricing: Free with paid plans starting at $12/mo
A reliable Chrome extension for recording browser activities
- Chrome-based screen and webcam recorder
- Record your entire Chrome screen, tab, or window
- Enlarge or collapse your webcam display while recording
- Select a still or animated thumbnail
- Break long videos into sections
- Includes a simple video editor
VidYard is the best alternative to Loom for recording Google Chrome browser activities. What stands out is the feature that lets you expand or collapse your webcam display. But the browser extension only lets you record your Chrome windows. You can download the VidYard app to record your desktop, but it’s too buggy, and you have to use the browser app to edit your video instead of the app.
After recording, the desktop app closes automatically, and you’ll have to restart it to do another recording.
Loom VS VidYard
Pricing: Free with paid plans starting at $19/mo
Most convenient tool for quick recordings
- Record only a portion of your screen (cropped screen display)
- Easily take screenshots even when not recording
- Create tutorials and informational videos from templates and images
Snagit is a convenient tool for quick recordings. Its most significant advantage is you can record only a portion of your screen, which is not a Loom feature. Add annotations, drawings, callouts, and blur parts of your screen.
However, it can be a pain for Mac users, especially when giving permission for the app to access their camera and audio devices. It also has a confusing interface; it’s hard to locate the record button and identify whether you’re recording or doing a simple screenshot.
Loom VS Snagit
Great for a small team of collaborators
- Record your entire screen or a region (cropped screen display)
- Instantly create GIFs out of short recordings
- Share via email, link, social media, or download your video
- Allow comments and reactions
- Apply templates after recording
Loom VS CloudApp
Pricing: Free with paid plans starting at $9.95/mo
Simple screen recorder for work
- Record your screen and add it as a task
- Organize your recordings based on task lists
- Share via a private or public link
- Invite your team or collaborators to your dashboard
If you need a simple screen recorder for work, ClickUp may be the one you’re looking for. It’s a browser-based tool that lets you assign tasks to collaborators after recording your screen. But it’s minimal since you can’t record your webcam, edit, or annotate your videos. This tool is more for quick instructional videos that you can share with your team.
Loom VS ClickUp
Pricing: Free with paid plans starting at $5/mo
What’s the best overall alternative to Loom?
The best overall alternative to Loom is VEED. It’s a complete, all-in-one solution for all your video creation and editing needs. Whether you need it to create content for your marketing, internal comms, training videos, or making your next video presentation—our tool can do it all!
Plus, it’s the only screen recorder on the list that features a complete suite of video creation and collaboration tools from auto-subtitles, translations, video filters, templates, commenting, cloud storage, and so much more!
Create and edit your next screen recording with VEED today!